Religious Heritage

The area of Trilj has a lot of parish churches and some of them are preserved cultural heritage.

Our Lady of the Rosary Parish Church is located on a hill where an Illyrian fortress with a large cemetery used to stand. It was built in the second half of the 18th century. Organizational charts of 1908 and 1925 mention 1772 as the year of its construction...

All Saints' Church was built at the foot of the fort Cacvina. The original chapel was dedicated to St Joseph, and was built upon in 1792. At the end of the 19th century a stone tower with a loggia and pyramidal tip was added inside the axis of the main facade...

St. Roch Parish Church was built in its present form in 1924, on the site of an earlier church. The lintel surmounting the main door bears an engraved inscription: “The construction began in 1728 - in 1733 this church was built". The lintel probably originates...

The church of St Peter. The cemetery church was built atop a prehistoric fort at the Strazbenica site. The present-day church from the 18th century was created by adapting an older building whose structure is visible on the facade of the church. This single-nave...

The parish church of John the Baptist in Grab was built in 1874. It is a single-nave stone building with a rectangular apse, and the axis of the main facade has a bell tower with biphoras and a pyramidal top. The church was built on a hill near...

Our Lady of Health Church is the regional church in Jabuka. Its construction took place over a period of seven years, from 1901 to 1908. It sits on a hill in the middle of a field. In 1934 it was extended while in 1975 a bell gable with one...

St. Peter the Apostle Church in Kamensko was constructed of cut stones in 1939. The bell gable is fit into the church facade. There is a tympanum over the main door, surmounted by a large arched window and a smaller round one. The church measures 17 meters long...

Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Church. After celebrating the Solemn Mass in Kosute on 3 June 2005, the Archbishop of the Split-Makarska Archdiocese, Marin Barisic, blessed the construction site and laid the foundation stone for the subsidiary Sacred Heart of Jesus Church...

St. Stephen the Martyr Church nalazi se u Novim Selima. is located in Nova Sela. It is a regional church for that part of the parish. It was built of stone in 1746. The church has an apse and a bell gable subsequently built into the front facade...

The church of Our Lady of Good Health is the regional church of the village of Roze. The present church was built before 1750 and was rebuilt and enlarged in 1888, which is still visible on its walls...

According to Archbishop Pacifico Bizza’s report, St. Roch Parish Church was built in 1755. The archbishop wrote in his 1752 second visitation report that the St. Roch Church in Strizirep lacked an altar painting and was covered in bulrush, although the material for the construction...

St. Nicholas the Traveler Church is located in Strmendolac. It is the regional church for the village which lies quite a distance away from the parish church. It was built in 1767 and then renovated in 1906. The church is a vaulted stone building with an apse...

The Holy Spirit Parish Church was built in 1872 in Donja Tijarica (Tarabnik), on the site of an earlier church. It measures 19.20 meters long, 7.50 metres wide and 7 metres high. An altar facing the congregation was placed inside in 1974 and a concrete choir...

The parish church of St Michael was built in Trilj in 1901. It is a single-nave building with a square apse, built of fine cut stone. The facades are articulated with shallow pilasters in stone, and in the axis of the main facade is a portal with a gabled lintel...

St. Anthony Church. was mentioned in Archbishop Cupilli’s 1709 pastoral visit report as being covered with stone slabs and surrounded by a cemetery. The withdrawal of the Turkish troops in 1715 left the church heavily damaged. It was rebuilt in 1720 in such a manner...

The church of Our Lady of the Rosary is the regional church of the village of Velic. The older church was built in the eighteenth century, but was abandoned even before the construction of the new church. Construction on the new church began in 1938, but was completed...

The parish church of St George in Vojnic with a cemetery was built in 1930's on the site of an older church from the 18th century. The church has a cruciform plan with a semicircular apse and a bell tower on the front. The boundary walls of the cemetery...

The parish church of the Holy Name of Jesus in Vostane was built in 1935 on the site of an older church. It is a large stone building which was largely renovated in the 1970's and 1980's...

Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Church is located in Vrpolje. It was constructed of cut stones in 1927 under Pastor Don Marko Perica (1923 - 1931). The church with a pentagonal apse measures 15.60 meters in length, 7.80 meters in width and 6 meters in height...

News

  • 18.05.2017.

    Tourist Board of the town of Trilj is organizing election for the most beautiful house yard in Trilj. This is a part of an program „I love Croatia, I love Trilj“. Applications will be recieved between 18th of May an 18th of July 2017. It must include name and surname of the owner of house yard, his adress and phone number...

{lang hr}Kako bi vam omogućili bolje korisničko iskustvo, ova stranica pohranjuje kolačiće (cookies). Nastavkom pregledavanja stranice slažete se sa korištenjem kolačića.{/lang}{lang en}This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.{/lang}{lang de}Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Mit der weiteren Nutzung unserer Webseite akzeptieren Sie die Verwendung der Cookies.{/lang}{lang it}Questo sito utilizza cookies. Continuando a navigare il sito l'utente accetta di utilizzare i cookie.{/lang}{lang fr}Ce site utilise des cookies. En continuant à naviguer sur le site, vous acceptez notre utilisation des cookies.{/lang}