Trilj during the French rule
The French rule of Dalmatia was marked with the construction of roads which, from Split and Sinj, across Trilj, continued on old Roman roads, one leg towards Aržan, and the other across Ugljan and Nova Sela towards Vrgorac and Metković.
The roads were mostly built from 1806 to 1809, with the participation of the local population. During the French rule, a sewer was dug from Gubavica to Trilj, and the people named it voša. It was supposed to stop the overflowing of the Ruda River.