The parish church of St Michael was built in Trilj in 1901. It is a single-nave building with a square apse, built of fine cut stone. The facades are articulated with shallow pilasters in stone, and in the axis of the main facade is a portal with a gabled lintel and a bell tower with a single window and a pyramidal tip.
The old church of St Michael in Trilj with a drywalled cemetery is located west of the parish church. The famous early medieval gold female jewellery from the end of the 8th century (earrings, a necklace, ring and a gold coin of the Byzantine Emperor Constantine Copronymus) was found here.