First mention of Čačvina
In historical records from this age, Trilj is mentioned, as well as the nearby fortress Čačvina (for the first time in 1371, by the name of Zezinaz), mostly thanks to its position on the road which was used for travelling from Bosnia to Klis and Split, and until the early 15th century, it was ruled by Nelipići princes. At the end of 17th century, it falls into Turkish hands and the situation remained such until the Venetians took it over. Archaeological findings that date from late Antiquity to the beginning of the 18th century are confirmed to be credible, and most of them come from the late Middle Ages. Underneath the fortress, there is an old parish church with a steeple on its facade. The church was built in the 18th century.